Saturday, August 25, 2018

Four things


1. Hung clothes out to dry around 10:30 AM today. At about 6:30 PM I brought them in. Everything was still damp. I may not have too many more opportunities to hang clothes out this year.

2. There is a job fair coming to the area (sort of) on Wednesday, October 15. The 2018 Great Northeast Job Fair is in Dickson City. The local CareerLink strongly respects the Anthracite Curtain that divides Wilkes-Barre and Scranton. It serves Luzerne and Schuylkill Counties. Lackawanna County (where Scranton and Dickson City are located) is in foreign territory. So I don't expect to see much support for this job fair. I actually asked a rep from CareerLink about job fairs the other day, and he said that the major ones had already passed. This one describes itself as "the most attended job fair in the region." This does create an opportunity for my planned blog post on job fairs.

3. I've been having a battle with Facebook all day. Francesco Marciuliano posted an image from tomorrow's Sally Forth that reminded me of an image from Darwyn Cooke's Justice League: The New Frontier. I found and posted that image. It stuck around long enough to get some reactions, and then vanished. I reposted it and it disappeared again. I posted the Sally Forth image and it stuck. Then I posted an image that combined the two, and it hasn't been deleted yet. Here is that image:


4. Senator John McCain died today. There's a lot of praise being heaped upon him. Few people outside of Twitter are mentioning the things he did which hurt people or brought shame on his reputation. There will be time for that later.

No comments: