Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Striding across the days

Back to work for another four-and-a-third, starting with a four-hour night tonight, then twelve-hour nights Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then three days off, and another four-hour night, and another four nights of work.

When this rotation is over, I need to take my car in for an oil change, and maybe get the "Check Engine" light checked out, and maybe look into scheduling an inspection. (It's due in April, but I think I can get it done in March.)

In just about a month, based on past practices, it will be time to mow the lawn for the first time. Maybe before then the ground will have thawed enough to allow me to bury the plastic-wrapped body of a stray cat who died yesterday.

The days fly by when you're working this schedule, as though you were walking across the calendar wearing seven-league boots. On days that you're working, there is time for little else, and the days when you are not working fill up very quickly. Before I know it I'll be congratulating myself once again for having the foresight not to take down my Christmas Tree.

No comments: