Tuesday, March 16, 2010

All-dayer, and a reason to go out Saturday night!

It's after 5:00 PM on Tuesday, and I've been on the go now for over twenty-six hours. Got up at about 2:15 yesterday, worked all night, came home, had some coffee and a light breakfast, and took my mom out grocery shopping - where, through discounts on top of discounts, she saved a combined total of about 33% on her bill - which I paid, of course. After unloading the many, many bags of groceries, used the ingredients I purchased to make an onion, black olive, and anchovy pizza, at about half the cost of ordering one.

Which brings us to here.

I'm too tired to do anything much, and it would be dangerous for me to try to do a lot of things right now. The day has been beautiful, and I'm glad I got to experience it, but I think I need to get to sleep soon. The Red Cross has already called to confirm my donation at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon, so I have plenty of time to block in other things I want to do.

There are other posts I'd like to write right now, but I can't really do them justice at the moment. I'm hoping I can get to them before it's time to start another rotation of work on Friday night.

Note to everybody: If you can, watch for the slim crescent Moon low in the West after sunset - maybe you will see it tomorrow night, probably you will be able to see it Thursday night, and almost certainly on Friday night. On Saturday night the Moon will have a close encounter with the Pleiades. I will be working that night, so you will have to see it for me! Here is Jack Horkheimer describing what you have to look forward to:



Don't miss it!

No comments: