Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Touching base

Just got back from seeing Twelfth Night, which was much funnier than I expected. I'll write more on that later. Favorite line: "If you be mad, be gone; if you have reason, be brief."

No time for April Fooling, either. Next April will be too late for the post I have planned, so I may slip it in later as a general parody.

Missed Barack Obama - and Hillary Clinton, who was definitely not the main attraction today, though both were in Wilkes-Barre simultaneously. I was hoping for an account of the Obama show from Gort, but he was unable to attend. I'll check out the site he's directing readers to, though I'd rather have a firsthand account from him! Someone I work with may have gone to see him, though I don't know how much stock I'd put in his report.

I did hear that Obama made at least one gaffe, when he mentioned to the crowd in Wilkes-Barre that he knew how many of them had lost their jobs in the steel mills. Ummm, nope? No steel mills here, at least, nothing major. We do - or did - light and heavy manufacturing. Electronics, TV faceplates, TV picture tubes, chemicals, garment mills, toys, processed food...but no steel. Coal mines, once, many decades ago, but that all ended with the Knox Mine Disaster. The steel mills were down in your last stop, Senator Obama, the Allentown/Bethlehem area. Not here in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

Must get to bed soon so I can be up bright and early to clear a path for a dryer repairman. I hope the dryer is fixable. I don't feel like buying another major appliance. 'Specially since I may be looking at buying a really major appliance if my car turns out to be unable to pass inspection without an unreasonable amount of repairs.

funny pictures
moar funny pictures
Drat! That last LOLCat I made (which was just a recaptioned version of an image someone had previously posted on I Can Has Cheezeburger?, and was a reference to the Andre the Giant Has a Posse / OBEY GIANT street art campaign) hasn't even made it to the voting page, and this one (which I banged out in one minute, again using someone else's image) already has a 4 Cheezeburger rating with 48 votes? Craaaaazy!

No comments: