Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas shopping

I'm ordering some stuff online today from Lee Valley. Christmas gifts, though one of them will be given as soon as it arrives - the Nomex Oven Guards. This is because my mom is currently sporting a pretty nasty burn on her arm from Thanksgiving, and she says "Oh, I always burn myself on the oven." Well, we'll see about that. No fresh burns for Christmas.

I won't be doing all my shopping online, though a large portion of the gifts I will be giving out arrived the other day in the form of gift cards from the Discover Card Cashback partners. I also have a creative and involved plan for a home-made gift I may be presenting to my friends. By the way, anybody know where I can get unprinted 8.5" x 11" x 1" (or so) boxes?

I will be doing my annual "What to buy" recommendation. This year's recommendation comes with a story - a story that is not my own, but a story that you really need to know. It's a story that needs a bit of time to tell, more time than I have while I'm on-shift. I need to go to the local fire safety supply store to make sure I can get these things locally.

Time to go. Day three of five. I think I'll find out tomorrow if I've been mandated for overtime again.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Hooray for online shopping and catalogs.

Michelle HD said...

Agree with Whim :)

Anyway....you should try local craft stores -- Michaels, Joanne Fabric (in Edwardsville), and AC Moore for the box.