Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Falling Down

Oh, it's coming down. Three inches in the last four hours or so, and more on the way. How much more? Well, nobody knows. On the radio they said "up to 20 inches", but they were talking about over roughly the entire Northeast quadrant of Pennsylvania - so if anybody there gets twenty inches, they're validated. My mom said she saw on television a prediction of "19.3 inches". Where the hell did that three-tenths come from?

Roads were slow between 6:30 and 8:00 tonight. That was no surprise. What was a surprise was that the home improvement store I stopped at around 7:00 was almost deserted. Maybe a dozen cars in a lot that could hold several hundred - and those might have all belonged to employees. No big rush on shovels, or salt, or snowblowers, or 2-cycle oil for snowblowers, which is what I was in there for.

I'm debating whether to do a quick shoveling now, or leave it until the morning. If I do it now, there will be less then. Maybe I'll even take a ride over to my house and see what I can do there.

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

Don't do too much at once and hurt yourself and stay warm.

Happy Valentine's Day!