Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Blue Sundaze at Wellington's, December 16 2005

I made it through the snow to Wellington's last Friday night to see Blue Sundaze play in public for the first time since their farewell show in August. Once again, the bar spelled the band's name "BLUE SUNDAY" and managed to misspell "NIGHTT".

Rose goes all ghostly as she tunes up. I think I know what happened in this photo, but it would be tedious to try to reproduce it. Let's just look at it and say "Wow."

The band ROCKED, as always, though I only made it through one set. I was scrunched into a side booth taking my pictures from a fixed vantage point, using a beer bottle as a camera support. (The fixed point meant that John, the band's bassist, was obscured and didn't show up in any of my photos.) At the end of the first set I got up to visit the little photographer's room, and I suddenly realized that I was tired. Very tired. I needed to start my 40 mile journey home soon, or I wouldn't make it at all.

Just before I left I found out that Rob Rosencranz, former guitarist for 3 Brix Shy, was also in the bar. I got a picture of 3/5ths of that late lamented band, made my rounds with all of the Blue Sundaze band members, thanked them for the show, and excused myself.

I got home alive, and hoped that I would get a chance to take a nap before the next Blue Sundaze show - whenever that may be!

No comments: