Thursday, December 29, 2005

250,000

As expected, my 1996 Toyota Tercel hit 250,000 miles right around the end of the year. It happened today while I was on a winding, narrow part of Route 11 with a mountain on my right, the Susquehanna on my left, a blind curve behind me, and Shickshinny a mile ahead of me. (Notice the green arrows indicating that my hazard lights are flashing. Safety first!)

I didn't take the advice of a friend who suggested that, wherever and whenever the car hit 250,000 miles, I should simply pull over, turn the car off, leave the keys in the ignition, and just walk away. It would have been pretty funny, though.

And it seems like just yesterday that I hit 234,567 miles. In fact, it was eight months and one week ago.

6 comments:

Super G said...

I sold my 1988 Corolla to my brother-in-law about 150,000 miles ago. The bastard still drives it to work every day and gets 35 mpg. Got to love a Toyota.

rimalicious said...

I have an 85 Accord with only 70k miles on it. 35 miles a gallon and I LOVE it!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

Gort said...

My word verifier is FWHHX. I'm not going to use it in a sentence as everything I can think of is obscene.

Congrats on the car making it this far. I have had 2 with a lot less miles that had a wheel fall off.

Happy New Year Blog Buddy.

D.B. Echo said...

Rima, SuperG, Toyotas ROCK! Next up is a Matrix!

Thanks, Mr. H.K.! I need to add both of your sites to my blog links!

Thanks, Gort, and congratulations on your nomination for a MAJOR AWARD!

Anonymous said...

I have had the pleasure of riding in Harolds chariot many times much to his chagrine. It must have been close to the 250k mark the last time I was in there as it was just a few weeks back.
I am glad you didn't just park it and walk away H. It has become your signiture piece.....

FWHHX. Hey that was my word verifier today as well.....