Tuesday, October 26, 2004

One week to go

Next Tuesday is Election Day. (The Republican Block The Vote movement will probably try to tell people that Election Day is some other day, as they have in previous elections, but don't believe them. ELECTION DAY IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd.) I can hardly wait - partly because I'll be so happy when this is all over, but mostly because I will be very happy when America finally lets George Bush & Co. know that they've been fired.

Elizabeth Dole was here yesterday, and John Edwards is here tonight. I'm trying to get less annoyed and amused with the nonstop visits by major political visits to this small and generally unregarded corner of Pennsylvania and try to take them for what they're worth. If the candidates see us as being that important to the outcome of this election, then by gum, maybe we are.

If that's the case, then I suppose it's more critically important for me to try to influence my neighbors to vote for John Kerry - and to get them to get out of the house on Election Day and vote for him. Still, that doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore the people from all over the country that stop by this site. If you love America, if you want a better future than George W. Bush and his band of thieves can provide for ourselves, our children, our parents, our neighbors, and even for the rest of the world - vote for Kerry. Encourage your friends, too. It's important.

God, I can't wait 'til this is over.

No comments: