Sunday, June 27, 2004

A beautiful day, and my first political rant

This has been an absolutely gorgeous weekend. Yesterday was a great day to mow the lawn, which is good, 'cause I was gonna have to do it anyway. For the past two mowings I have used an old-style Craftsman 18" manual reel mower that I bought from Sears a few years ago. (Here's a picture of the current model available from Sears, but mine doesn't have the training wheels in back, which I imagine make the new model a little less maneuverable; mine looks a lot more like item B on this page from Lee Valley, which is where I buy a lot of my gardening stuff these days. Mine doesn't have the rear bag, item C.)

I was going to write a post about Dick Cheney's use of obscene language towards Senator Patrick Leahy in the Senate chambers, but I somehow don't feel like it. This sort of behavior is nothing new, but this time Cheney is trying to spin it to suggest that he was actually justified in saying this, that it was something that needed to be said and was long overdue.

Well, you go, girl. If that makes your twisted little heart happy, fine. I regretted that Trumpmania had passed before the final heat of the presidential election; "Hey George - You're FIRED!" would have made a great bumper sticker, but by now it seems dated, like, so four months ago. But now it seems that Vice-President (Unelected) Dick Cheney (may I call you Dick? Dick. Yes, quite appropriate. Dick. Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick.) has given his opponents a new catchphrase.

So the American people do have something to say to the Unelected Cheney/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld/Rice administration, and maybe one of them could pass it on to Dubya the next time they see him on his ranch in Crawford, Texas. As Dick says, it badly needs to be said, it's long overdue, and we'll all feel better after we've said it.

Hey, Dick? John? Donald? Condoleeza*? Dubya?

Go F**K Yourselves.

Hey, I do feel better! Now I can go outside and play.

(Oh, look at that. I wrote the post anyway!)

* A note on the spelling: There seems to be some confusion about the actual spelling of National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice's first name. Her official White House bio - which I finally got around to looking up - spells it with two z's. Yet other places on the official White House site (including, for the moment, this page) spell it with only one. A Google search of the whitehouse.gov site lists 30 hits for "Condoleeza" and 371 for "Condoleezza". So I guess the consensus is for two z's. Still, you'd think the White House would want to get its facts straight on something as basic as how to spell the National Security Advisor's name?

No comments: