Thursday, May 27, 2004

Rosebush Revisited

Here's a photo I took this Sunday of the actual Royal Highness rosebush in my backyard, in full bloom (well, "first flush" anyway, about a week early). Note all the elements I removed from the image when I painted it with a slightly displaced Arbor Vitae back in March.

One weird thing: I mentioned that my painting was damaged when I applied a varnish that actually stripped away some of the paint, creating a splotch of white cloud in the upper left of the image. Compare that to the actual splotch of white cloud in the upper RIGHT of this photo, taken more than two months later. Coincidence, or something more? Nah, just a coincidence.


Photo of Royal Highness rosebush, 5/23/2004 Posted by Hello

The green paint on the garden swing was chosen to match a shade of green often used by Dutch artist Marjolein Bastin in her paintings, which are used in Hallmark's "Nature's Sketchbook" series.

Blogging note: In addition to dealing with computer problems and general laziness, my ability to post is now being impeded by the weather. Occasional titanic thunderstorms are forcing me to totally disconnect my computer almost every day during the key late afternoon and early evening blogging hours. But I'll post when I can.

No comments: