Thursday, December 29, 2005

What the hell is THIS?

I was doing another random blog search today and I discovered the latest trend in non-blog blogs: blogs with apparently randomly-generated names that consist of nothing but strings of four-digit numbers that seem to be posted every minute or so.

What the hell is this? Is this some sort of game? Or maybe some sort of international espionage deal, like the shortwave radio broadcasts that consist of nothing but strings of numbers being recited day and night? Or maybe it's the latest effort by the pay-to-blog forces to discredit Blogger and Blogspot?

I'm wondering if I should flag these apparently fake blogs as objectionable content. They aren't objectionable per se, but I object to anything that simply consists of random noise salted into the blogosphere.

2 comments:

anne said...

On an unrelated note...

I came across a blog today that I thought you might like. www.callalillie.com
Amazing photos. I posted the information on Lauren's site as well.

D.B. Echo said...

It looks really cool. I searched for a a while today using the "Next Blog" button and didn't find any interesting new blogs. Thanks for pointing this one out, Anne!