Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunset in the Poconos, December 11, 2005




I visited my friends in the Poconos today for the first time in a long time. I originally planned to visit them the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and then changed my plans to last Sunday, but neither of those visits worked out. But I am pencilled in for another visit next Saturday in an annual cookie-baking festival. (Several friends get together and make cookies, each person a specific type of cookie, and then the cookies are divided amongst us so each of us has a larger variety of cookies than if we had just made our own.)

It looked like I would be arriving there around 3:30 so I figured I would be in time to get some shots of the sunset from a pretty good vantage point near their house. As it was I was still winding my way through Kunkletown when the sunset was at its most colorful. I reached my chosen spot around 3:40, pulled off of the road as much as I could, jumped out of the car, and took these three photos. Enjoy!

No comments: