Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snow, December 4, 2005

About two inches of snow fell overnight and continues to fall. This is light, dry, fluffy snow, easy to sweep and shovel, not like the heavy, wet, dense stuff that induces heart attacks and is good for snowballs and snowmen. Compare this photo to the one I took yesterday after finishing the Christmas decorations.

The snowflake shape of the day is: needles.

A closeup of the glass ornaments I put in the trees flanking the bottom of the steps. Good thing I got this done yesterday!

2 comments:

Wildefrost said...

Nice shots! I love that the ornaments are buried in the snow. I had to look closely as to what the blue flicker was.

D.B. Echo said...

Lauren, the blue thing is actually a bulb from the string of lights on this tree. I opted for little globe lights this year. I bought them at the end of the season last year, and the paint was already starting to come off as I took them out of the package for the first time ever.

This comment was brought to you by the word "kpbait" - which either has sexual connotations or is military slang for something that is likely to get you K.P. duty.