Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas status update

Decorations are 90% done. Just need to string some garland around the front door and replace the front porch lights with something lower-wattage - I think they're currently 40 watt bulbs, and they're overwhelming the little lights decorating the front of our house. Last year I replaced them with ultra-low-wattage flickering-flame bulbs, but those stopped working at sub-freezing temperatures. I have some 25 watt bulbs that I'll try.

Nearly done shopping for my mom and my sister. Just packaged stuff for my friend in Ireland, and her daughter, and their friend. I'll ship it tomorrow after work.

Still much shopping to do. Seems like I can't walk into a store without spending $40 - $60 - and that's not all on Christmas gifts. I went into a bookstore today to pick up a book for my sister (about $10, $7.50 after using my 25% off coupon) and walked out $60 poorer - well, I might be able to give some of the books I picked up as Christmas gifts. Then I stopped into a record store to get some CD's as presents - walked out with 3 CD's and a $43 charge on my credit card.

No progress on the work gift project. I need to get cracking on that this weekend.

I am tired now. I think I'll go to sleep.

1 comment:

Gort said...

I admire your early start. I usally start my shopping about December 23rd. One year I thought I could get it all done on Christmas Eve after work. But the stores all closed early and I had to hide out for 2 days.