Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I look at the world and I notice it's turning

Yesterday was a bit of a step back with my father. While he was mostly asleep - not a good sign - he was also agitated, to the point that he was given a sedative simply so an I.V. drip could be inserted. He was unresponsive for most of the day, though he roused a bit between 7:45 and 8:00 - which was good, because that allowed a nurse to actually give him medication by mouth. We'll see if today he becomes more coherent and alert, or slips deeper into unconsciousness.
Life goes on, with or without our consent. Things are still happening. People are making outrageous statements that I'd like to respond to. My cousin is opening a Nursery School. I saw (and photographed) a really cool spider in my garden this morning. A friend's school is looking for a home for 22 beagles. At some point I'd like to blog about this stuff. But not right now.
I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Harold, you were white as a ghost when you just came into my studio to tell me your Mom had called you out.

I am almost in tears here worrying for your Dad, and of course your family.

Please, if you have a few seconds tonight e-mail me to let me know how he is doing.

My prayers are with you all on this day.