Sunday, June 13, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!

I am terrible with birthdays. They are fixed dates, and do not move around from year to year, so they should be pretty easy to remember. But still I manage to chronically miss them.

I have a friend whose birthday is on December 31. I usually combine his birthday and Christmas presents in a single package, which I then present to him in June. Or July. Or whenever.

(While I'm confessing to my chronic birthday and gift-giving tardiness, I should also point out that I have, in a suitcase, a gift I got in Ireland last year for a friend who got married...well, I don't even remember when she got married! It was, like, eight months ago. I will get that out to you, honest!)

My friend Lisa's birthday is tomorrow, June 14 (at least, it's tomorrow from when and where I'm writing.) It should be easy enough to remember. I've known her since high school. We graduated from high school on her birthday. I always manage to get confused about whether her birthday is the 4th or the 14th, but when I spoke to her 9 days ago, she confirmed that it is actually the 14th.

And still I've been too much of a bum to think up a present, or make a card, or even go out and GET a card from a store and mail it to her.

So, for the moment, this will have to do. A birthday posting! How cheesy. But, thanks to Google archiving, maybe this posting will last a bit longer than any card or gift I could have sent. I will send something soon, I promise.

But in the meantime, let me say again: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!

No comments: