Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Nanticoke panorama, Autumn 2018



The leaves are finally showing colors in and around Nanticoke. I got some beautiful images of Nanticoke from this vantage point in Holy Trinity Cemetery just outside of the Nanticoke city limits a few months ago (I'll re-link to the original post from April once I figure out why the photos aren't showing), and I wanted to try to capture the colorful scene on what might be the last sunny day for a while. Unfortunately, as you can see in the image above, there wasn't a lot of color in these particular trees.

(Funny story: if you have a car that has headlights that automatically shut off a minute or so after you turn off the ignition, it turns out that if you open a door to remove your camera, or the trunk to get your tripod and leave it open, the headlights stay on. So if you leave the door or trunk open for, say, ten minutes while you take photos, the headlights stay on for ten minutes, plus a little bit more. If you have a battery near the end of its life, when you go to start your car, you may find that the battery doesn't have enough juice to turn the engine over, and you will need to call AAA for a jump, and be stuck in a cemetery as the sun sets and the time when the dates are shut and locked nears.)


There were some other, more colorful trees in front of me. So, since I wasn't going anywhere until I got a jump, I took a few more photos.



The Bear Creek Wind Farm is about fifteen miles away from where I took this photo. In the main image, these wind generators are located slightly to the left of the center of the picture. These things are huge.

No comments: