Friday, October 19, 2018

Day of stuff

Received my final payout from my old job just after midnight - severance, bonus pay, stuff like that. Promptly paid a bunch of bills. I'm good for a while, and my biggest annual bills are covered through the end of the year.

Did some job search stuff. Several irons in the fire. The more serious jobs have start dates weeks in the future, so I may try to pick up something between now and then.

Mowed the lawn over at my house across town. That may have been the last time for the season, but I have a feeling it wasn't. Replaced a few burned-out fluorescent bulbs with LED bulbs.

Bought some Mega Millions tickets. More than I meant to. Really, I meant to buy none, so any tickets are more than I meant to buy. We'll see what happens.

Started soaking some beans for fifteen bean soup. Tomorrow will be a day of cooking fifteen bean soup. Also finishing up some other job search stuff, and possibly mowing another lawn.



No comments: