Monday, June 11, 2018

Vector


I mowed the lawn at my house across town the other day, and saw that the grapevines needed some attention: they were being smothered by assorted viny weeds. Today I had a bit of free time, so I stopped over there to rip out as much as I could. The vines didn't put up much resistance, though I had to be careful not to rip out the grapevines along with the weeds.

When I was done I stepped back to look at what I had done. I glanced down and noticed that my black sweatshirt was covered with tiny green balls, about three millimeters across. So were my jeans. And my boots. And my gloves. They seemed too small to be considered burrs, but I think that's essentially what they were. The weed vine had allowed me to rip it out, but in the process had hijacked my body to spread its seeds.

No comments: