Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Preparing for the June 16, 2018 Writers' Showcase

I'm trying to decide what to include in my readings for the Writers' Showcase on June 16, 2018. Last time I picked out several poems and two short stories, then read them aloud while timing myself and realized that I would easily exceed any reasonable time limit. I dropped one of the short stories and one or two of the poems, and brought my set in roughly in the allocated time.

I want to present the poem and short story that have been published in the Spring/Summer 2018 edition of Word Fountain, and maybe one or both of the poems from previous issues. I was thinking of including another short story, but that might drag things out too much. There's an older poem I want to include, as a sort of counterpoint to a poem that one of the readers at the last Writers' Showcase presented. I may also read something that's probably pretty inadvisable.

I really want to avoid repeating myself, despite a strong urge to perform "dancer" again. Fortunately I kept a record of everything I presented during my February 2016 set.

Come on out to Scranton's Olde Brick Theater on Saturday, June 16 if you can!

                                                                                
   

No comments: