Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Things to say, and no time to say them

I've got myself on a new schedule that involves face-time (so to speak) with my house across town every day.  When the break-in happened, I had been spending quite a bit of time over there - an hour or two each evening, to photograph the Venus-Mars-Saturn trio that had been visible throughout August and early September.  But that had been the first significant time that I had spent over there in quite a while.  Sometimes a week or more would go by without me even stippong to check the mail.  (I don't get much mail there.)  So as it happened I was there late on a Saturday night - not to observe, because the sky was completely overcast, but apparently to use the phone and watch TV.  After I left that night I didn't return until late Monday afternoon, which is when I discovered the break-in.  When police and the insurance adjuster asked when the break-in occurred, I wasn't able to narrow it down to much more than that.  Thank goodness the uncertainty was not greater, or some eyebrows might be raised.

But now I'm trying to make sure that answer in the future to the question "When were you last here?" will be "yesterday" or "earlier today."

Unfortunately this means I now have even less time than I used to.  So my blog reading/writing schedule is completely off.  I'll get back to writing as soon as I can.

Remind me to tell you about The Mysterious Cat.

No comments: