Monday, June 09, 2008

It's rather hot

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

There is so much yard work to do right now, but doing it could result in death. Seriously. One of my next-door neighbors died while doing yard work during a heat wave.

It can wait. The cherry tree and blueberry bushes, the ones that arrived last week to replace the ones that I planted last year that never amounted to anything, are sitting dormant in the kitchen of my house across town. They are in packaging that is supposed to keep them that way for up to three weeks. The grass isn't all that tall, but spiky weeds are everywhere. That's OK. Nothing worth dying over.

To celebrate the early arrival of late Summer, I present you with a mini-tune from a few years back: "Pleather" by They Might Be Giants. Granted, the sponsor is a dimwitted company that allows itself to be led by the nose by whackos like Michelle Malkin, but still...



NOTE: That video embed doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong with Google Video? Too bad there isn't a YouTube version of this. Well, sorry folks. You'll just have to follow the link!

Whoops, I was grabbing the embed code wrong. Not sure how I did that. All better now!

...Actually, no it isn't. But it isn't me. I had the correct code in there, but Blogger (a Google product) modified it when I re-edited the post to include that last comment! We'll see how long this one keeps!


The backs of my legs
sticking to the pleather...

Image from http://tmbw.net/wiki/Image:Pleather.jpg

No comments: