Friday, August 10, 2007

Thirdday

The best thing about Thirdday is that you begin the day with your shift halfway over, and you end it with just one day to go.

More troubled sleep, more weird dreams. Last night featured a nightmare so weird that I sat down on my morning break and wrote it down in the little notebook that I brought in to jot down notes on procedures. (This may be odd in the future: "Run a mechanical test under these circumstances...run a final test under these circumstances...the movie trailer featured people-eating trees, but that wasn't really the plot of the movie, and no one was giving away the plot or the ending, but everyone who had seen it swore it was the scariest movie ever...maggot-white flesh, swollen and pruny, claw-like hands, tearing themselves apart at the abdomen...L0 gets these tests, L1 gets these tests...")

Today was a lot smoother than the first two days. I'm working with a great group of people. They work together as a team, but differently from my old team in my last position. In that team we each had specific tasks which were all interlinked and interdependent; each of us depended on the others to play their role to make each project a success, and only by working together on each project could any of us succeed. In this new area, each person works independently on a slightly different group of DVD presses. But when one person has a problem with their systems, everyone throws in to solve it as quickly as possible. Whereas my old group was like a small orchestra, this group is more like a largish jazz combo. Sorta. Kinda.

Anyway, I'm fading again. I should shut down soon and head to bed. Maybe I'll have dreamless sleep, and wake up right at 3:00 once again. Goodnight!

No comments: