Friday, August 24, 2007

Some updates

Updates to yesterday's post:

1. I did finish mowing the lawn. The Yellowjacket stings eventually faded away sometime after I went to sleep last night. I think the stingers were embedded in my ankles. The one in my left forearm I scraped out almost immediately, and it stopped stinging within an hour or so. It left an interesting little scar.

2. Getting my computer fixed might cost less than I anticipated. Then again, it might cost more. I'll find out in a few days.

3. The battery for our portable phone (one of a set of four identical portable phones that all work from a single base unit) will need to be mail-ordered, or ordered over the internet.

Incidentally, today is the second anniversary of the day my father died.

2 comments:

anne said...

Ok...so I've finally made some time to sit down and get caught up on everything since June. God love you for being such a faithful blogger!
Congrats on the job and good luck with the continued search.
Can I request a picture of Wiggles? I'm such a sucker for animals.
Now that I'm up to date, I can get back to Harry Potter.

Anonymous said...

Harold, the last few times I spoke to you on the phone you sounded happier than you had done of late.
In saying that, your blogs made me sad today.
That tells me I need to see you face to face. Your eyes always give away how you are really feeling.
Lets do dinner with the Divine Miss L?