Saturday, November 12, 2005

Yellow Brick Road, November 12th 2005

Yellow Brick Road
Nanticoke, PA
November 12, 2005

I missed a great opportunity with the Yellow Brick Road last Sunday. As we were driving to the Fall Festival I glanced up the alley between the cemeteries and saw that it was completely filled with lemon-yellow Maple leaves. Unfortunately by the time I got back to that spot later in the day the wind had picked up and the sun had set.

Today I gave my 72nd pint of blood and treated myself afterwards to Chinese food (Singapore Mei Fun and Won Ton soup.) On the way home I drove past the cemeteries on Washington Street and saw that there were still some leaves in the alley. The blue sky and bright sunshine made a nicer backdrop than the pinkish overcast sky in last February's photo. There was little traffic on Washington Street today, which was good, since most of the photos required that I be standing in the middle of an intersection.

As a parting shot I took a series of close-ups of the bricks themselves. This is the closest of the series. Against the browning Maple leaves the alley's bricks look more pinkish than yellow.

No comments: