More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bill Clinton is coming to Nanticoke!

Bill Clinton will be coming to Nanticoke this coming Tuesday, October 26.  He's reportedly scheduled to speak at 4:00, and anyone who would like to see him (tickets are not required) is advised to start lining up by 1:00.  If I know Bill Clinton (and, hey, do I know him or what?), he won't show up much before 6:00, so pack your medication and avoid excessive fluid intake.

Clinton’s local visit to boost Kanjorski | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA

You would think as a member of the Luzerne County Democratic Committee I would have some sort of inside track on this.  But it turns out that for the first time (as far as I know) since being elected to that position by a single vote (not cast by me), I missed a meeting - for the very good reason that I was at work that night.

Clinton to visit Nanticoke to stump for Kanjorski The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA

On the one hand, it is a bit disconcerting that the Democratic Party has seen it necessary to send the Campaigner-In-Chief himself to Paul Kanjorski's hometown to stir up support for him.  On the other hand, it is impressive that Paul Kanjorski is seen as sufficiently important to warrant a special appearance by the Big Dog.  In any event, this is to my knowledge the first time any President, current or former, has passed through Nanticoke's city limits.*

Tragically, I suspect that Nanticoke's finest business, Sanitary Bakery, will be off-limits to President Clinton, if Chelsea has anything to say about it.


*It is possible that Richard Nixon threw up a bit while flying over Nanticoke after his 1972 post-Agnes visit to Wilkes-Barre.

No comments: