Thursday, June 26, 2008

Drained

I really should start trying to get more than 4 - 5 hours of sleep each night.

Even though I tried not to, even all the signs pointed to an unhappy ending, I got my hopes up once again. Only to have them dashed once again. Stupid of me.

The latest blog to be added to NEPA Blogs is gone already. What the heck is up with that? Do people simply lack sticktoitiveness, the one trait that separates the bloggers from the wannabees? Or is somebody getting to these bloggers with their rabble-rousing muckraking blogs?

I've seen so many blogs come and go it's not funny. Lots of them start off all full of piss and vinegar and big plans, and then the blogger loses interest in a little while - or they are made to see the error of their ways and decide to shut up, shut down, and slink back into the shadows. I've seen both happen.

Blogging is not for the weak, the cowardly, or the faint of heart. Establishing a blog takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to stand by what you've written - or a willingness to endlessly revise, edit, and rewrite what you've written. I wonder what the three-month mortality rate for new blogs is? Six months? One year? Five?

Time for bed.

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

3 comments:

Gort said...

It seems like we've become the kiss of death for local blogs. Everytime we list a new site they go poof.

whimsical brainpan said...

Though I've seen some come and go, most of the good blogs (read as my favorites) tend to stick around.

And blogging really is a commitment. I just don't think that most people have the attention span for it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I've seen many blogs go, and then come back! So, it all comes out in the wash...