Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shooting the moon, again

I am still amazed at the fact that I can point my digital camera at the Moon and take a picture. I took this picture yesterday, after sunset had brought my leaf-raking to an end. Unlike the photo I took last April, I used the 4x digital zoom on this one in addition to the 3x optical zoom. I used the 10-second delay timer to minimize camera shake, and kept my hands very, very steady.

Even after further magnification, many lunar features are easily recognizable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I enjoyed looking at your pictures as well as reading your posts. I am glad I clicked the Next blog button after reading my friend's blog because I discovered your blog.

I hope you don't mind if I visit your blog every now and then.

Thanks.

Gort said...

I was looking at the moon when I left work tonight and there was a bright star just below it. I'm no star gazer but I think it was Mars or Venus. I'm going to pull out my scope and try to figure it out.

D.B. Echo said...

Yeah, I just noticed the Moon in conjunction with Mars as I was leaving work, too. I'll have to remember to get a look at them in the morning, to see how much the Moon has moved!