Friday, December 28, 2018

Christmas purge

For the fourth day of Christmas, I went out into the world of retail and found...very little Christmas.

It's Friday, December 28. Christmas was this past Tuesday. Today was my first opportunity to go shopping. I was kind of hoping to find that Christmas would linger until at least this weekend. But already Walmart has purged itself of most of the trappings of Christmas, with just a few fugitive ornaments left in the clearance section. Sam's Club has a good supply of boxed imported Christmas cookies and pastries available at half-price, but not much else to indicate the holiday that just passed, or the holiday season that has just begun. The local supermarket had nothing except a single clearance rack with half-price cookie cutters and polyresin houses, and a few half-priced boxes of Christmas cookies.

I suppose Target might have a more extensive clearance section. I haven't stopped in there yet, nor at Kmart. And I never made it to the Wyoming Valley Mall, so I don't even know if there are any calendar kiosks selling 2019 calendars at half price.

Tomorrow I need to stop at the vet's for more medicine for Thor, and at Pet Supplies Plus for cat treats, food, and litter. Maybe I'll make a few side trips during my outing.

No comments: