Saturday, December 29, 2018

Calendars acquired

I ventured into the Wyoming Valley Mall today. It's a shadow of what it once was, with two of its anchor stores (Sears and the Bon-Ton) closed, no bookstore, no music store, and no movie theater. Many of the temporary kiosks that went up for the Christmas shopping season are packing up. Fortunately, the calendar kiosk is still there, and selling its calendars for half price. I was able to pick up two space calendars there, a full-sized one featuring photos from the Hubble Space Telescope and a miniature Astronomy one for my station at work.

After the mall I went to Target and picked up some LED Christmas lights at 70% off. Gertrude Hawk's didn't have any peanut butter smidgens on sale. I wound my way to the Barnes & Noble pop-up store and located the 2019 edition of Francesco Marciuliano's "I Could Pee on This" calendar, also half price.


So now I'm all calendared up for 2019!

No comments: