Thursday, September 20, 2018

No post. Sleep now.

I had a post I wanted to write, expressing outrage at the deaths of two mental patients in South Carolina who drowned when the van they were being transported in drove into onto a blocked-off area of road and into flood waters. The two sheriff's deputies in the van were able to get to a place where they could be rescued, but the two women in the transport area of the van were trapped and drowned.

I expect this will be swept under the rug, just a footnote to all of the devastation Hurricane Florence brought. But this is something that cannot be neglected. Someone was criminally negligent, and two patients in the care of the state were allowed to die a slow, horrible  death.

But I will express that outrage at a later time. Now I must sleep.

No comments: