Friday, May 25, 2007

Status

Painting: Done. Except for around the window recesses, and the threshold of the doorway. Must get green paint. And I managed to not get stung by the bumblebees, even though I was actually painting a location where I had seen them entering and exiting the garage.

Wall: Done. It ain't pretty and it ain't perfect, but I don't believe either of those were requirements by my insurance company.

Sidewalk: Nearly done. This will be a hodgepodge of materials when I am done. Where pieces were in good shape, I left them alone. Loose pieces I removed and replaced with fresh concrete, which is light gray. Uneven spots I filled in with dark gray Sand Mix, which finished up much nicer than I expected. Cracks I filled in with yellow-orange sand, which I then swept in and wet down. One end of the sidewalk - where, frankly, I didn't have enough concrete to go all the way out to where the grass started - I filled in with dark gray gravel. I still have a few more uneven spots to level out with sand mix. I sprayed all of the cracks down with weed killer - it goes against everything I believe in to use this poison, but it's something I had to do. I expect to be able to finish this up after this weekend's rains have passed.

I still need to put a little Bondo patch on the wrought iron in front.

I managed to mow about a third of the lawn here, and used a weed-whacker on the tall weeds that the reel mower won't touch. I need to finish mowing here and take this mower over to my house tomorrow, since the one I have there is worn out. I bought a new, wider-cut one for this house.

I also need to buy some peat moss for the cherry trees and soil acidifier for the blueberries. I also have to take my digging tools over there, as well as the spray that is supposed to stop Black Rot on the grapes. Plus I need to clean up this room, which used to be my sister's bedroom - she's coming in tomorrow and will want to use it.

And then, at some point, I need to find a job.

No comments: