Thursday, May 03, 2007

I'm sure gonna feel it in the morning

I just spent most of the day scraping, sanding, and painting the third wall of my garage. This wall was complicated by a doorway and a grapevine whose arbor (now partially collapsed) is connected to the wall. I cut back the grapevine a while ago to allow me better access to the wall, but I still got jabbed a bunch of times.

That wall is now mostly done. Mostly. I haven't painted the top two boards on any of the three walls yet; they are above my head - they butt right up to the green-dyed cedar shakes - and will require a ladder to be done right. I figure I'll do all the ladder work in one shot. I've also put off painting around the windows on the East-facing side for the same reason.

So now, aside from these details, all that remains is the side with the garage doors. Which I now realize will be a major problem: The garage doors extend at least two feet above the level of the cedar shakes on the other three walls. So I definitely need to use the ladder to get this done.

In reviewing my previous posts I realized that it's been a week since I last worked on this project. I need to pick up the pace a bit on these projects to be done by the May 31 deadline. But that's for later. I am tired, sore, dirty, covered with paint, and at least half-sunburned. For now I need to take a shower and go to bed.

3 comments:

anne said...

If I could lift my arms, I'd raise a glass and say "Here, here." But, alas, pounding fence posts for days at a time does not lend itself to any type of movement once the activity stops.

Congrats on the progress.

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm glad you got a lot done today and don't worry you have plenty of time left to finish it.

I hope you had a good hot shower, some tylenol, a hearty meal, and a wonderful night's sleep.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you are really getting someplace with the house.

well done you!