Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Thank You, commentors!

I don't thank my commentors often enough. In part this is because I can't post comments while I'm at work - our "Surf Control" software lets me view my blog and most others, and lets me comment on a few, but unfortunately not on Another Monkey. Which means that I have to count on my incredibly unreliable short-term memory to keep any responses to comments I receive throughout the day in a mental buffer until I get home hours later. Which means that half the time I have forgotten what I wanted to say, and the other half the time I get distracted by, say, a new post that I want to write. And so sometimes I forget to respond.

Let me try to rectify that now. THANK YOU! Thank you for your kind comments about Ashes, and Haley, and my father, and my uncle, about the Theomeandering entry and the other entries that have been commented on in the past.

I'd like to think that blogging can exist in a vacuum. That I can scream into the void, and it won't matter if anyone hears or not. But that's not the way it works. I need feedback. I need to know that people are reading. Sitemeter lets me know that people are visiting, but only comments let me know that people are reading.

And I read and appreciate every comment. So for all the times I haven't said it in the past, and for all the times I'll forget to say it in the future, let me say it now: THANK YOU!

1 comment: