Thursday, August 12, 2004

Ye doom is ycomme true

So it looks like my vacation at the Jersey Shore will begin with a visit from Bonnie and Charley - or what's left of them, anyway. Well, it will certainly be interesting. And just in case we get stuck indoors, we're taking a DVD player, an RF converter (to connect it to the TV if it's an older model), DVDs, playing cards, UNO, board games (Scrabble and Chutes & Ladders, which I think I might be able to turn into a drinking game), and alcohol (rum, Kahlua, and the ingredients for Margaritas.) And even if there is rough surf, I intend to stand on the shore and howl at the storm. Storms. Mess with my vacation, will they? Watch for me on The Weather Channel, or maybe CNN ("Visiting Idiot Swept To Sea, Friends Say 'Eh, he was asking for it'".)

As of today it has been one calendrical month since I started walking with Haley in the mornings, which amounts to 24 walks together. In that time she has lost 9 pounds, going from 61 lbs. to 52 lbs., and the vet says she's doing great. I have no idea if I have lost weight, and if so, how much.

I will try to file one last post tomorrow, as I don't think I'll have any time Saturday morning. If I fail in that, then adieu, adieu, mes ames! (Is that even remotely right?) Assuming I don't wind up in Jimmy Hoffa's Locker, I should be back sometime after the 21st.

No comments: