Sunday, August 01, 2004

More chess and more dog pictures

I spent this past weekend in the Poconos at my friends' place. Bill was visiting, too, and once again I lost to him in chess. Twice. The second loss was a stalemate, so I didn't technically lose that game. In fact, everybody won. We were all happy and smiling. Or maybe that was just me.

If you've been following Bill's blog, you'll know that there have been numerous calls for photos of our friends' dogs. You'll also know that he's been having technical issues posting photos. By now he may have gotten them resolved, but if not, he can always link to this picture:


The Hounds Posted by Hello

There's a trick of perspective in this photo. The greyhound on the right appears smaller than the elkhound on the left, even though he is considerably larger. Note the relative positions of the greyhound's elbows and the elkhound's butt. The elkhound is a bit closer to the camera, and also a good deal wider than the skeletally thin greyhound.

Well, it's late, my computer is running hot, and it's behaving oddly. I'll post more later.

No comments: