Sunday, August 08, 2004

Shove It!


A message to George W. Bush, from Teresa Heinz Kerry Posted by Hello

This is a modification of the classic "Rosie The Riveter" picture by J. Howard Miller, found in the National Archives at this location. You should really go there and surf around. There's a lot of great stuff there, and most of it is public domain. Here's a chilling poster - the image is more than a little reminiscent of a famous image from the Abu Ghraib prison scandal.

Here's a site where a lot of other people have already done some work. There's a scandal behind the guy who started this - he claimed to have been in the Rangers, when in fact he had less military experience than even George W. Bush - but that doesn't invalidate the work. I can see myself doing a lot of this sort of stuff, so let me state for the record: I have never been in the military. I knew some guys in ROTC, and my college roommate used to sleep with a tough-as-nails woman in the ROTC, and I know one guy who was in the Marines (and who wants to see Bush out of office even more than I do), but that's pretty much it. You can quote me on that.

No comments: