Sunday, November 15, 2009

Leonids Monday night - Tuesday morning, November 16-17!

I'm off until Thursday night, which positions me pretty ideally to view this year's Leonid meteor shower.

Meteor shower this week as we cut through comet trails - space - 15 November 2009 - New Scientist

NASA - Leonids 2009

I witnessed the Leonid Meteor Storm of 1998, and that was just unbelievably amazing. Meteors left smoky glowing trails which became twisted and knotted in the atmosphere far above. This time around I'm not located in the best possible place to see the peak of the shower, but that won't stop me from bundling up and sitting out in an Adirondack chair in my backyard late Monday night and early Tuesday morning to see what I can see.

But don't take my word for it. Hear what Jack Horkheimer, Star Hustler has to say!

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

ha ha! This guy cracks me up! He's insane. I always get a little snippet of the show tacked on to my TiVO'd Alfred Hitchcock. I'm usually on the road going east at 4:45 am, so I might just see something.