Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Party in Heaven on Fat Super Tuesday

It's Super Tuesday, which means almost nothing to me because Pennsylvania doesn't hold its Primary for a while yet. I say "almost nothing" rather than "nothing" because this year there is a teeny-weenie little chance that Pennsylvania's Primary may actually count for something. Not very likely, but still...

I just wish the Democratic field hadn't been whittled down to two candidates already. Whichever one wins the nomination - and that's not going to be determined tonight - I will gladly support them.

Meanwhile, on the Republican end of things, you've got Romney - no - and Huckabee - no. Then you have John McCain, a guy who the Republican Collective Wisdom determined four* eight years ago was inferior to George W. Bush. And the current thinking on that side of the divide is that Bush is really and truly a bad President, one whom the potential nominees can't seem to distance themselves from enough. Do you really want someone who was determined to be inferior to Bush to try to take over from Bush?

(Whoever takes the oath on November* January 21, 2009 will be inheriting a lot of scorched earth, courtesy of the present officeholder. Best wishes, whoever you will be. The future of our great nation will rest on your back. No pressure there.)

Meanwhile, for the 40th consecutive year I am not in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, throwing necklaces of beads to lovely young ladies in exchange for flashes of their boobies. Though I think all that stopped being as much fun as it used to be a few years ago. How's that federally-funded recovery coming along?

I have to come up with a meatless lunch for tomorrow. Maybe grilled cheese and an apple. I'm already planning vegetarian chili (possibly with lentils as a meat substitute) for dinner tomorrow.

I think I just nearly died of a Skittles overdose. Taste a rainbow...of death! But I'm all better now.

Courtesy of Camilla in Norway is this Norwegian parody video: Bye & Rønning's "Party in Heaven." It stands alone as a pretty funny song, or as a parody of an Eric Clapton ballad, but it's actually a parody of a guy called Scooter, who...well, imagine if Eminem was into hardcore poser trance/techno, and you sort of have the idea.


I must be strong, and party on...

*...aaaaaand the Senior Moments continue.

5 comments:

Michelle HD said...

Why do you have to come up with vegetarian dishes? Out of meat, or are you a closet vegan? Oh and btw, I like "How much is the fish" and "Fire" by Scooter. If that makes me stupid or lame, oh well. I like them anyway.

whimsical brainpan said...

You're right, whoever gets elected is inheriting a huge mess to clean up. I don't envy them.

Our Primary isn't until May.

dee said...

"Whoever takes the oath on November 21, 2009..."

Whoa there! I think those Skittles have you a little hinky. Unless they've changed the Constitution (and it's not like they haven't tried, but I think we would have heard something about it) Inauguration Day will still be on January 20, 2009. Let us not extend the nightmare.

And I admire your Lenten abstinence. Even though I left the church years ago, I always observe the season with some spiritual practice. Good for the soul. This year it's chocolate.

Michelle HD said...

I noticed what Dee pointed out too, but I decided to let it slide with your new schedule and all... You're body's schedule is probably all out of whack

Michelle HD said...

Oh, and I forgot about Ash Wednesday, so disregard my vegetarian question. There's my senior moment.