Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm baaaaack!

Back from Ireland. Back in Nanticoke. Not back to work, yet - that's tomorrow.

Ashes is still alive. As of last Tuesday my mom was telling me that he was doing very well. As of last Thursday he apparently took a turn for the worse - not eating much at all. Still, he's hanging in there. He ate some Tender Vittles for me this morning.

Work is still there. I'll see how much things have changed when I get back there tomorrow.

I have over 300 photos to sort through from Ireland and London. I'll probably just get them all printed and then decide on what to get doubles of.

Lots of mail to sort through, including lots of e-mail. I filed my federal taxes online before I left but haven't gotten my refund yet - I'll have to look into that. Need to remind myself that I still have to file my state and local taxes.

Lots of blogs to catch up on. Sammie's sdfsdf.wox.org seems to be offline - I was able to check it once while I was away, and found out that she did get my postcard, which was the first one I wrote while I was there, but I haven't been able to get to it in almost a week - hope everything is OK. (I shipped it the second or third day I was there, along with postcards for my nephews; others I sent a few days later, and still others I didn't get out until the day before yesterday.)

Many stories to tell from Ireland, most funny, some sad. Many photos to show from Ireland and London - Parliament is absolutely the most impressive building I have ever seen, looking up close more like a geological formation than a work of human construction. Lots of photos of that, too. I'll start posting them as soon as I dig out my camera's USB cable.

OK. Gotta have breakfast, take a shower, drag my laundry to a laundromat (the washing macine decided to die yesterday), and go out and get new tires on my car. Then I'll sort through my mail and start posting photos!

No comments: