Friday, February 06, 2009

Another Susquehanna Panorama

Susquehanna River viewed from the Nanticoke-West Nanticoke Bridge,
February 5, 2009. Composite of six images taken from 4:05 - 4:06 PM

The panorama I posted yesterday of ice on the Susquehanna River was actually the second one I took. This is the first, taken five minutes earlier. I realized after the fact that I had aimed too high, and had gotten too much sky and not enough river. Also, I was too far from the edge of the ice, which made a more interesting focal point for the second panorama. I'm including it here for the sake of completeness, since I froze my fingers off getting it and feel like I should at least have something to show for my pain!

I think for future panoramas I will take about twice as many images as the camera recommends, so I have more gradual color shifts and less changing perspective from one image to the next.

This is a complete 180 degree panorama. I failed to get the left side of the bridge in the previous panorama. Note the traffic just inches away from me, on the right!

1 comment:

...tom... said...

...

I failed to get the left side of the bridge in the previous panorama.

Yes, this reader noticed that ... but was too polite to say anything. ...:minism:...


Note the traffic just inches away from me, on the right!

I was driving back into work last night and while crossing the bridge over the river (it has a somewhat elevated view of our downtown skyline) there was a photographer with tripod on the narrow island separating the traffic lanes.

I could not have been more than inches away from him as I went by at 40+ mph..!! Scary..! For me as a driver and surely for him standing out in the cold with traffic (albeit light) roaring by him.


Nice pictures D.B..


...tom...