Friday, February 15, 2008

I ate too much cheap post-Valentine's Day candy

I stopped at Rite Aid (a chain drugstore, or "pharmacy", or "chemist's", depending on what part of the world you're from) on the way home from work to check out the discount Valentine's Day candy and I was not disappointed. A lot of chocolate was there to be had at half price. Good stuff, too. Maybe, just maybe, it was chocolate rich in iron, which will help me with my attempted blood donation tomorrow.

While trying to not look too much like a chocolate hyena, I strolled the aisles browsing through the non-candy items on display. I wound up getting a battery-operated screwdriver for $5.99 (I've actually been looking for one for a few weeks; they're great when you're working on assembling stuff that has dozens of screws) and a half-price MAD Magazine 2008 calendar - this was the first and only place I've seen these, and I don't think I've seen them anywhere since 2005 or 2006. I had to hold myself back from getting the Vivitar 7x50 binoculars for $9.99 - I have several pairs of binoculars, and I don't need another just yet.

Though you might want to get yourself some binoculars for next Wednesday (February 20, 2008)'s Total Lunar Eclipse visible from (almost) the entire Western Hemisphere!!! More details to follow as the date approaches!

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

Hey chocolate is healthy for you, especially the dark kind.

Good luck with your donation.