Sunday, May 19, 2024

Twenty years a blogger

As of this past Tuesday, May 14, I have been blogging for twenty years.

I commented a while ago that my blog seems to be primarily a documentation of a vanishing world. So many of the places I have written about no longer exist. So many of the people I have written about have died. In these twenty years I have seen the passing of both of my parents, more than a few of my friends,  two dogs, and over a dozen cats. I have long known that one day my own memories will be gone, and this blog will be the primary chronicle of those memories - for as long as it lasts.

I am tired. I am not blogging as often as I once did. I am not writing about every little thing that happens in my life, or even the major things, but that has been true from the start.

I will try to keep going for as long as I can. We'll see how long that is.


 

No comments: