Thursday, February 13, 2020

Sick, February 2020 edition

It's been a while. Lots has been happening, some of which I don't want to talk about on my blog or anywhere else. Still, I have a long tradition of posting about the rare times that I've gotten sick. I think it's time to do that again.

The symptoms started when I got home from work early Wednesday morning. I realized after I took off my coat, hat, and scarf that I was cold. I checked the wall thermometer to see if maybe the furnace had conked out again. It hadn't - the thermometer showed a temperature on over 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

I also noticed that my skin was hypersensitive. Not just my skin - my hair, too. I could feel every strand.

I had ringing in my ears. This isn't unusual: even as a little kid, I noticed a low level of what I would later learn was tinnitus. Working in a glass factory for three summers in college made this much worse. But now the ringing was almost deafening. And it would swing up and down in volume and intensity like the static on an AM station during a thunderstorm.

I was thirsty. Very thirsty.

Tuesday night had been the New Hampshire primary. I've taken the position that Iowa and New Hampshire are largely irrelevant, even though candidates will drop out based on a poor performance in either state. After I went to bed, I found myself lying awake, full of anxiety about the individual precinct reports. I didn't make any effort to find out the returns, but in my mind it was critical that I find this out. I tossed and turned for what felt like hours. Probably another symptom.

Most of this had faded by the time I woke Wednesday morning. I still don't feel 100%. No idea what this could be.

No comments: