Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Thirteen years (and three days) a blogger

Just got a "Your Memories" post on Facebook from 2009(!) about how I had been a blogger for five years. My actual Blogiversary is May 14, so I'm a little late. Thirteen years since I heard a report on NPR's Morning Edition about how Google had bought Blogger and was hoping to increase the number of people with blogs by providing a simple, user-friendly platform. I had been following several blogs at that point and had been thinking about starting one myself. This is technically my second post - my first one just had the words "Coming soon!" and existed from the time I put it up before work that day to the time I came back and replaced it with my "official" first post.

It's really been quite a thirteen year stretch - much of it documented right here on my blog. Here's to another thirteen years!

No comments: