Thursday, July 22, 2004

CD release parties and ragweed

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here. And it's still not raining in the mornings. So I'm still walking my dog every morning.

I want to go out to the CD release party of a local musician tonight, but that will totally screw up my schedule. The show allegedly starts at 9:30, but she's playing with a few other people, and they'll probably go on first. She might not go on until after 11:00, which means I won't be home much before 12:30, which makes getting up at 4:45 a bit of a challenge. (I'm usually in bed no later than midnight. I don't sleep much.)

Hell, my dog and I walk past her house most mornings. Maybe I'll just knock on her door (at about 5:30 AM) and see if I can pick up a CD in person.

There are things you miss if you're not out and about in the morning. The dawn, for one thing. Smells, for another. High humidity and cool morning temperatures enhance the sense of smell. The sweet smell of honeysuckle, the grape smell of Dutch clover, the peppery smell of ragweed. There's quite a bit of ragweed about, which will be a problem for me in about two weeks, when my eyes will feel like they're gonna bleed and my skull will try to leak out through my nose. Cleverly, I'll be at the beach during the height of this allergy season, so the ocean air should do me some good.

Better get ready for work soon. Make sure you check out Sammie and Camilla's sites if you get a chance. Bill's Industrialblog, too! And Fran's blog - see the comments on "Satanic Goat Door Warder". (Just watch out for the "daily horoscope" program that might try to install itself on your computer if you go to her site. That's new.) Fran's looking for comments from somebody other than me, so please give her some!

No comments: