Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More on the death of blogging

Here's a list of the top 50 blogs of 2010 as chosen by the people at a blog I've never heard of before, posted to Facebook by the blogger at #21.


Many of these I've also never heard of.  Two I have on my sidebar - one, at the #9 spot, a very recent addition - and I regularly visit...errr, one other.  (#4, if you're wondering.)  Unfortunately, very few of these look like the sort of blogs I grew up with, the ones that gave us insights into the lives and thoughts of other people - something, as one fellow blogger pointed out, that may have helped to spell the end of the Golden Age of Blogging:  learning just what's on other people's minds may have led a lot of blog readers to recoil in horror after a while.  In fact, many of these from a distance look like what might have once been called "websites," but in blog form.  Still, it's good to see a list like this, and it just might be worthwhile to check out some of the fifty sites listed here to see if they're worth becoming regular reads.

No comments: