Monday, May 14, 2012

Eight years

As of today, I've been blogging for eight years. My first post came out on May 14, 2004, and I've been at it ever since.

Eight years ago I could not have imagined all the changes that would be documented in my blog. I bought a house. My father died. I lost my job. I made weekly appearances on television for seven months. I joined a writers' group. I became involved with a community I never even knew existed before.

My output has dropped a lot in recent months, but that may change. I'm still trying to reorient myself to the reality of having a job once again, and trying to give other projects the attention they deserve.

Most of the bloggers I was reading back in 2004 have closed up their blogs and moved on. A few I keep in touch with. Some have intentionally put themselves out of reach. I have no plans to shut down Another Monkey. I certainly haven't said all I have to say, and I know that there are many more things to blog about just over the horizon.

Coincidentally - at least I think this was a coincidence - my ninth year of blogging will start off with my blog being spotlighted as the NEPA Blogs Blog of the Week on PA Live! tomorrow! Tune in tomorrow to WBRE between 4:00 and 5:00 to see, or watch the segment online once they post it!

3 comments:

Gort said...

You have been a great friend in addition to being a blog buddy. You deserved the honor of being elected to the Saturday OT Committee and Operatic Societ as the Senator from Nanticoke. Looking forward to many more years of blog posts.

Karen E. Rice said...

Congratulations on your upcoming "Blogiversary" :) and for being featured on PA Live. Yes, like many other things, many bloggers have moved on to other pastures. I've been blogging since 2007 and don't feel as if I am ready to give up any time soon...I have too much to yak about. :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! It's great to see that you have hung in there while others have drifted away, myself included.
You've been writing some great stuff, met interesting people and accomplished a lot of cool stuff. You are truly a successful blogger.