Monday, February 11, 2013

Updates and upcoming

1. The Northeastern Pennsylvania Writers' Collective will be holding its Poetry Night on Thursday, February 21 at The Vintage in Scranton, 326 Spruce Street, starting at 8:30 PM. Details can be found here.

2. The next NEPA BlogFest will be held Friday, April 19 at Rooney's in Pittston, starting at 6:00. Details can be found here.

3. Germany has a much higher rate of solar power production than the United States, and FOX News reveals the shocking reason why: Germany gets more sunlight than the U.S.! ...Wait, it doesn't? Well, FOX has never let facts get in the way before. See my post on NEPA Solar for more information.

I just wrote a long short story called "Canaan" for my writing group. I have the rest of the week to do rewrites before I present it. I'm very happy with it. It's pseudo-hard science fiction, so we'll see how it plays...

Meanwhile, I have some actual blog posts planned for here. With all the stuff I've been doing on various other blogs, I've been ignoring this one for too long. I'm hoping to end that soon.

No comments: